Friday, January 14, 2011

Day 100!!!

It's so funny because day 100 is no different than day 99 or day 101 but in BMT circles its a super big deal.  I'm all for that though.  I am happier than a clam...I never understood that saying, how happy can clams be?

I had my bone marrow aspirate done on Wednesday and everything was WONDERFUL!!!  My ANC was 8943 and my ALC was back to 1.4.  I am also 100% Leukemia Free!  Thank you little Italian baby <3

I feel 1000% fantastic.  I got off sooooo many medications!  All of my morning and evening meds fight in one pill box.  Before I had an overflowing pill box and then another set of pills in my pocket.  I'm sooooo happy about my progress.  Now I'm crying out of joy.  I am soooo lucky to be given a second/third chance.  And with this chance, I plan to do everything in my power to help people like me and everyone else in the world.  I mean this too! 

So far I am sitting on the arts committee of Children's Hospital to help beautify the place that I, and so many others, spend so much time in.  We want the environment to be as inviting as possible to combat the terrible circumstances that most of the patients must deal with.  I know personally how bleak and depressing transfusion rooms can be.  Our current project is getting art and personalized paintings into these rooms to help kids of any age feel a lot better when they have to be in one.

Second, I have created a YouTube account called BMTBabe (naturally).  On my channel, I have motivational videos inspired by my experience.  I want to become a voice for cancer survivors and anyone else that wants to make the most of the life they were given.  My goal is to give people the confidence and motivation to live their lives to the fullest without needing tragedy (like a cancer diagnoses) to propel them there.  Here's my link: http://www.youtube.com/user/bmtbabe

With this same YouTube account, I am raising money for the American Cancer Society by selling my homemade Jewelry.  And when I say homemade, I don't mean plastic beads and string.  I've been making jewelry for years and can design any beaded accessory you can imagine.  Through the YouTube videos I will be taking request for custom jewelry and sending the proceeds to the American Cancer Society.  http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AJ2Tti7ptek

I like keeping busy!  Please help if you read my blog even once.  I greatly appreciate it.

Until Next Time, BMT Babe is Out**

3 comments:

  1. I am so happy for you. Congratulations. I know a fraction of how hard it is to be in your shoes with watching and caring for my friend who is at around day 90. He had his aspirate the other day and we find out in a few whether he is clear or not. We are pretty confident all is well. Thanks for sharing again.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! My mom is rounding the corner to her Day 100 (two weeks from now). Thanks for the encouragement and inspiration! Wishing you wonderful sustained health and blessed journey of recovery!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Nice to know that others are out there. Hope things are still going well!!!!

    ReplyDelete