Thursday, April 21, 2011

Been gone for a minute now I'm back again

HELLO!!!!!  I am at the 6 month mark!  I'm sooooo happy to be here.  It almost makes the rest feel like some weird surreal dream.  Trust me though, it wasn't an easy process getting here.  But every second was worth it!

Since the last time I wrote, I returned to the hospital twice because of stupid freakin shingles!  They SUCK.  Just trust me if you've never had them.  Well, while in the hospital I had to have IV meds and my veins SUCK.  They stabbed me 8 times with a needle one night and none of them worked.  The other two that were already in got infiltrated.  Meaning, they got swollen and painful!  So now I have a little port in my bicep...just in case anything happens again.  Now, I'll probably be fine and never use it lol.  I like it in my arm cause it just kinda disappears since it's actually under the skin.  I mean I still have a bunch of scars and stitches but I'm cool with that. 

That's why I'm already looking for my third tattoo when I haven't gotten my second done.  I have to wait a year or more before I can get a new tat.  I am becoming more and more punk with my scars and tattoos and style.  I think I'm more pissed about this cancer ordeal then I was the first time so it matches my personality.  I am an Afro-Punk and I am proud!

I am also a survivor and motivational speaker!  This is why I get the honor of being Colorado College's Relay for Life survivor speaker!!!!  I'm sooooo excited.  This is exactly what I want to do with my new found wisdom-share it!  I also love to get other's wisdom.  I can not tell you how awesome it is to talk to fellow survivors!  People who get it.  Being another survivor is a timeless bound to have with someone.  Another reason why I would love to find a 20 year old guy that would totally and utterly get it too. :)

I am still keeping myself busy with sign, drums and friends.  I realize I have more people around then I thought.  Yay!  Still living every moment like it's my last, even though I'm pretty sure with all this brand new Italian bone marrow it won't be!

Until Next Time, BMT Babe is Out**

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the update. My friend who had his BMT is doing well too. It was good to read what you were going 2 weeks ahead of him. I really appreciate your sharing.

    ReplyDelete