Tuesday, January 8, 2013

Remember Me?

I KNOWWW!!!  I've been gone for sooo long.  I apologize for that.  I got so caught up with school and love and sleep.  Yes, I said I was busy with all of those things again.  I'm not even sure what number day this is anymore.  I do know that It has been 27 months TODAY!  Wow time actually went by really fast.  Suck it cancer, I barely even remember you!

Sooo, what have I been up to for the last 27th months you ask well I have been busy with being a junior at Colorado College, declaring my major and padding my resume with awesomeness lol.  I've also been falling in love with a brilliant man from China and been being best friends with a fellow "sick kid" from India.  I have been having a great time being alive, that's what I've been doing.

I was reading back over some of my old posts and I remember how scared I was writing them.  I was so scared that my life would never be "normal" or anything close to it.  I thought I would never be able to connect with someone after all of this.  I thought that I would never be as lively as I was before.  Never be as me again....I was wrong!  I have returned to my old self just better and more adventurous I may say.

I went kayaking with fellow cancer survivors this summer.  One of the best experiences of my life and also one of the most unexpected.  I jumped back into life and school with both feet.  And now to add to my goal of living life to the fullest (And also checking something off of my life list)  I will be going to Europe at the end of this month!!!  And for how long?  4 months=2 London & 2 Florence Yes! Italy! Where my nice new bone marrow is from. Hopefully once I get there everything will kick in and I will be fluent in the language.

I am beyond excited while also being terrified.  But this is the feeling I got before kayaking.  Something completely foreign (no pun intended) to me that still catches my imagination and runs with it.  I have dedicated a separate blog for my European adventure
europeankenzi529.tumblr.com  [sorry blogspot, its kinda adorable]

Please check it out and see how Europe is after a bone marrow transplant.  I will keep this blog going to share about life as a bmt survivor while also being a world traveler ;)

Until Next Time, BMT Babe is Out**


No comments:

Post a Comment