Thursday, November 18, 2010

I'm back

Soooo I'm back in the hospital.  Yeah, it blows!  But I'm only going to be here for a few days.  I had to be admitted since my pain got out of control.  They wanted me to be here to get some kind of hold on my pain and try to cure it.  Soooo, I don't really want to tell the world where my pain is.  I'm pretty sure you can interpret something from that statement...

Anyway, I'm back here and it is soooo much easier than at home but of course I would still like to be at home.  The difference is that here, I have stayed in bed all day because I can't leave the room and every things done for me.  This helps me get better quicker since I'm not pushing myself to do "stuff."  Another difference with home is I don't have an IV supply of diluted there (hmmm diluted).  But the one thing that will never change about the hospital, and makes home a winner every time, is the constant pestering.  Now don't get me wrong, I love nurses but when they are bad they are awful.  The ones I had on this visit have been pretty terrible. 
Kristin- She admitted me and is such a sweetheart. She gets a Gold Star!
Shannon- Very nice but almost more talkative than me! It is possible. But also a sweetheart. Gold Star!
Now, these people don't get any kind of metal stars.
Danelle- Wow she's stupid. I know it seems harsh but it is soooo true.  She's like a cute kinda Jessica Simpson stupid but as a nurse that's not too cute anymore.  My stomach was killing me so I asked for a hot pack around 10:45.  I ended up falling asleep for awhile, waiting for the hot pack that took 15 minutes to even get to me.  When I woke up, there was an already activated hot pack on my table so when I picked it up, it was cold.  There are other stories of her stupidity but I think that's the funniest.
I don't even remember her name. That's how much I dislike her- When she first started, she flushed a med really really fast.  Flushing things like that really hurts me and usually ends up choking me a little.  I told her that was too just for future knowledge. All other nurses have apologized and checked how fast is too fast for the future.  Not bug-faced-trick-bag, she didn't even acknowledge that I spoke to her! So I repeated myself with the addition of "I wasn't sure if you heard me since you didn't respond at all" and a smile.  Then there were other little things that built all through the night.  Well, when she actually came to check on her freakin patient.  I could have died and it would've taken her 2 hours to even realize it.  I did have an allergic reaction that she could care less about.  My lips started to get swollen so I let her know.  Get it, she's my nurse and its an issue with my health, I had to deal with her.  She seemed to forget that that's how it works. 
Anyway, my favorite thing in the night was when I called her in and told her my lips were still swelling (I had told her before) and she asked, "Oh, can you feel it like tingling" so I responded, "No, I can look at them" so she said, "Really? cause they look exactly the same."  I could have punched her.  Instead I used my words of fury.  "They do not look the same!  I know my lips.  They have always been full because I am black and maybe that's what you're confusing it with but I can tell a difference."  Then I slapped her and told her to find me a real doctor to talk to.  Okay, the last part didn't really happen but I was pissed.  I called my mommy like any mature person would do. 

I made it through the night and into today even inspite of the crappy nurses never giving me my pills at a constant, accurate time.  Whatever, they were on top of the really important things.  I just want this infection to go away so I can go home and not deal with any more nurses for awhile.

Until Next Time, BMT Babe is out**

4 comments:

  1. Ack I feel your pain. Why are some nurses just so awful? I had to laugh at the lip swelling comments. Hope you are released again soon and recovering well.

    My friend is getting a day pass this weekend after having been in the hospital for a month. I think he is day +25? He is super excited to get out of jail for awhile.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm super happy for your friend. I never got a day pass. Its suppose to really help with managing the days. Did he enjoy his freedom?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Thanks - he is now reading your blog and finds it really interesting as he can relate. He is doing really well and is enjoying hanging out with us at home. We are choosing fun things to cook from cookbooks. What are you up to? He is definitely tired all the time but having a hard time sleeping at night.

    You out of the hospital yet?

    ReplyDelete
  4. That whole comment was awesome!!! I'm soooo happy he is doing so well, even with the exhaustion. It goes away after awhile. But you can start falling asleep on the toilet and kitchen table lol.

    I love the cooking idea. That sounds like a blast. Are his taste buds working well. Mine were really weird when I first got out. And yes, I'm out again. Yay!

    ReplyDelete