Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Day -9

Soooooo the counting has begun.  Really, I should say that the count down has begun.  What the minus numbers mean are the days left until my actual transplant.  Today, just like the rest of the negative days, was really just for Chemo and build up.

First, my nurse drew 7 sets of labs (took blood) starting at 6 in the morning and going until 12 noon.  It was awful just because of the sheer length of time.  Other than that, I thank God for the invention of broviacs.  Can you imagine being shot several times in a vein to give blood over 6 hours!

Next, this is when I finally woke up due to freakin Keppra, I had to step from my bed unto a scale.  I get weighed twice a day now.  Not really that big a deal but kinda intrusive.  I also have to chart everything I eat and drink.  It's conveniently tapped to my door but it's still soooo hard to remember to chart everything that goes in my mouth.  Everyone knows I eat a ton. 

Finally, I had nothing else to do but play Wii, paint, and watch tv.  I know it sounds nice and chillaxed but really it's like being in a fancy prison.  You get treated well but you're still stuck there for 5-10...years.  But at least prisoners don't have to shoot things up their noses.  The worst part of my day is the nasal spray.  It's meant to prevent any sinus infections but really it just burns my nose raw and makes it drip yellow.  Yeah, I know, TMI. 

Now, I get to go to sleep and do it all again tomorrow.  Woohoo.

BMT Babe is out**

No comments:

Post a Comment