Monday, September 27, 2010

I'm Moved In!

I am here!!!!  The big scary transition to the hospital is done and over with.  I am nicely situated in my room.  I've hung up my posters: Beetles, Bob Marley, Johny Depp and Malcolm X.  The only thing with the posters is they keep jumping off the walls.  I love that these sticky things say they can hold the weight but after 20 minutes, Abbey Road is leaping from the wall.  (As I am writing this, it fell on the floor again.)  It's fine though. The room actually looks like a hospital themed dorm room lol!

The schedule is funky but not awful!  Tomorrow I'm starting Chemo at 6 in the morning.  Thank God I don't have to be awake for this to go down.  This chemo--Busulfan goes over 2 hours every 6 hours for 4 days.  The only concern with this drug is it can cause seizures but I'm also getting drugs (actually right now) to combat that too.  After I get my chemo in the morning I think I'm going to shower since back here I have to shower everyday.  I know that doesn't seem like it would be that strange but everything is soooo much more difficult with a broviac. 

After my shower my day will probably be filled with yoga, jewelry making, watching tv and reading.  My life is soooo interesting!!!  I'll write about how my first day of Chemo goes. 

Here's my road map (layout of chemo up until the bmt procedure):

Until Next Time, BMT Babe is Out**

2 comments:

  1. Mackenzie do you have an address at the hospital?! I would love to be able to send you something. If not you should message me your home address and maybe someone can bring it to you?? You are so strong girl! Hang in there!!!!!

    Thinking of you!

    Leigh

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thinking of you! Keep yourself busy!

    ReplyDelete