Friday, October 8, 2010

Day +1

So this is what I'm going to start all my plus days with while in the hospital.  The only reason I'm still here is to play this stupid waiting game with the blood cells in my body so I will chart how they are going here:
ANC 280  Acute Nuetrophil Count. The higher this number, the more my body can fight off infection, the sooner I can go back to my regular life.  Most people's are in the 50,000's so I have a way to go.  Oh, and it's definitely going to get lower as time goes on.
White Blood Count 0.3  Soooo low.  Normal is between 4.0-10.5.  This will also get lower.
Red Blood Count 3.11  Normal is 4.20-5.40.
Hemoglobin 10.3  Normal is between 13.5-18.0.  This is actually always kinda low for me so this is good.  
Plt Ct 40   Good but not very good.  Normal 150-500.
Segmented Nuetrophils (ABS #) 0.2  This one is still new to me but I know when it is high, it means I can go around people aka large groups.  But it's not, and it won't be for a long while! But that's okay-I can deal.  High is between 1.5-6.6!!!

Soooo, those are my numbers.  Those are actually pretty good, especially one day after transplant.  They will fall and that will suck but then they'll come up and that will be great.  I'm sooooo profound.

Today was really good.  I woke up and talked to the doctors.  Everyone says I'm doing fine and my anxiety is the only thing that is becoming an issue so I'm trying to deal with that.  I cope with thinking too much with trying to not thinking at all.  I fill my days with other things.  Today:
-Shower
-Yoga
-Mediation
-Eating (a delicious ham sandwich)
-Little TV watching
-Drum playing (with obnoxious art therapist chick [I HATE shrinky people])
-Nap
-Movie watching
-More eating (salmon, broccoli, carrots, baked potato)
I'm soooo lucky I still have my appetite!
Now I'm going to hang out with my mom, talk, watch movies, and probably eat some more lol.

Until Next Time, BMT Babe is out** 

No comments:

Post a Comment