Monday, October 11, 2010

Day +3

ANC 8.5
WBC 0.1
RBC 3.24
Hemoglobin 10.8
Plt Ct 53 (transfusion)
ABS # 0.1

Nurses: My mom thought it would be good to keep track of the nurses I have through this experience/recovery.  I really didn't care to keep track but why not.  Some are terrible, others=excellent.
  • Amy (a.m.) Nurse with me through Transplant! Awesome rocker chick. Cool gravaly voice. Fun to talk to.
  • Kristin (p.m.^2) Nurse from the old hospital. Genuinely nice and really funny. Jokes with me like one of the gals
  • Ann (a.m.) Robot Nurse! She was extremely perky but there was no kind of pulse what-so-ever.
Yesterday: Katie (a.m.) Cool red head girl. Seems kinda mmh at first but turns out to be awesome. Loves Johnny as much as me!
Jenny (p.m.) I swear her voice calls deer and robins to fold her laundry. Super sweet girl. Just kind and attentive. She was with me the night I was pulling off my skin so she automatically awesome.

Now, my day.  I felt 120% yesterday.  I woke and lounged in bed, not because I felt like shit but because it was Sunday and I could do that.  It was nice.  I watched tv read and surfed the web all under the covers. Very relaxing.  After a while I ordered a mondo sandwich! 3 slices of ham, 2 slices of chedder, and 2 slices of swiss.  I still have not lose my appetite!!!

Tommi came by and we chit chatted.  She isn't an abnoxious shirk so I like just talking to her even though now all she talks about is "Lucy."  Her adorable eccetric 4 year old daughter.  It's okay though, it doesn't make me feel awful that I can't have kids lol but yeah, I know, heavy shit. 

When my mom came back, we were suppose to have a nice little movie night.  She bought me apple trun-overs and Chicago.  That's a good night for me! She feel asleep at 9:15.  I feel sooo bad sometimes.  I know she is working herself into a dither trying to do everything.  She's switching and redoing my room at the house while staying here with me everynight while waking up at 5 to go to work everyday.  It's on my life list.  I am treating her to a full spa day whenever I have the funds to do so.  I'm going to take her on a trip and thank her for every single thing she is doing and has done for me.  I'm getting all teary writing it.  She is just soo soooo epic and I love her with all my heart!!!
You know cause another thing, a lot of people wouldn't even be strong enough to stay with me through all of this.  I'm not saying any names because I'm not angry with the people but they are kinda assholes and don't deserve any title I once awarded them (b with 1 and 2 f's).  My mother is the strongest person I know and I appreciate that everyday!

Now I'm just all sappy so Until Next Time, BMT Babe is out**

2 comments:

  1. I enjoyed this post - even if I don't know you. Hope that isn't creepy! My friend is on Day +3 right now and I really do like knowing how you feel each day. A lot of people have "abandoned" my friend in his fight with leukemia too. People get scared and run away. It is a strange phenomena. They just want ice cream and bubble gum in their lives, and that is it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I completely agree with the ice cream and bubble gum. It's really intense to learn a person's true colors in a time like this. Some people really aren't mature or strong enough to deal with hard stuff in their lives. I can only imagine if they were actually going through it. I think that's what scares them too. I don't even think they want to think about trying to be as strong as your friend and actually living through this. But its cool because he will come out the other side stronger and they will not have grown as a person in anyway.

    ReplyDelete