Tuesday, October 12, 2010

Day +4

ANC 10 (It didn't actually go up, it just does that. This is the same as 0)
WBC 0.1
RBC 3.15
Hemoglobin 10.4
Plt Ct  36
ABS # 0.1

Nurse: Courtney (a.m.) She's been here since the beginning. I love her! She preggers too. Due in November! She's like a sweet tiny mom. <3
Kerri (p.m.) Giant women. Not awful but not great.

Epic morning!  I woke up feeling like gold.  I took my meds and was out the door (pole and all).  I warmed myself an apple turnover with a side of colby cheese.  I was feeling very French lol.  I made my bed and set up post in the chair with the windows wide open.  It was beautiful! 

Then, my docs came in and we all laughed and talked about how good I'm doing!!  Dr. Q even made a joke this morning.  I was telling him how I was changing colors...oh yes, that happens back here.  All the places of rubbing or really sensitive skin get darker.  Sooooo, I'm a nice little semi sweet back here.  I was telling him that I was getting so black and he chuckled and reminded me I came in here black lol


This is not funny. Just appropriate.
Then, Dr.Q suggested that I take part in a new study of hypnosis for BMT patients.  There is a doctor that comes in and implements hypnosis training to BMT patients to help them cope with all the shit that is going on.  In the regular treatment, the doctor would teach the patients how to get themselves to a hypnotized meditative state 6-8 weeks before their actual transplant so they could know how to do it when they needed it.  My doctors thought that since I was doing such a great job coping and handling everything right now I could almost test it out for future patients. 
I am sooooo happy that I can still contribute and make a difference while going through this! 

After that, I went on about my day.  Meditated, did yoga, ate lots of food, read my book.  All in all, it was an extremely good day!  Awesomeness!

Until Next Time, BMT Babe is out**


No comments:

Post a Comment