Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Day +20

Yes, it has been that long already!
But look at this progress!!!

ANC 1386!!!!!!!
WBC 2.1
RBC 3.69
Hemoglobin 11.4
Plt Ct 47
ABS # 0.3

These numbers are soooo important to me! If everything stays just like this/better I am going home MONDAY!!!  This makes me incredibly happy and extremely nervous all at the same time.  I want to go to my couch and my kitchen and my room soooooo badly I can taste it.  But I do not want anything jeopardized with my health. Thinking about that....I had visitors today.

Soooooo I have this family you know.  And they're crazy anyway.  Today one of the crazy members (my aunt-in-law, that's how I feel about her) decided to come by my room at 8 o clock in the morning.  Not the best time to visit someone and not the best time to see them for the first time in probably years.  Yeah, we're all really close...
So initially I thought the gesture was nice.  Even when people only appear when you're sick, they are at least still appearing.  But no!  She's a moron and thought that the first visit this morning was okay so she came back a few hours later with my cousin who just had knee surgery-meaning, he was in a dirty wheelchair that was pushed into my isolation room.  And, to top all of this off.  In BMT you have a list of up to 6 people because they don't want too many people/too many germs coming back and forth.
They are not on my list nor have ever been!!!!

We were not happy with the hospital today.  I was freakin out because they are not the most germ friendly people and I will be sooooo pissed if I get something from them that keeps me from going home.  That kinda messed up my mood for the rest of the morning.  I got food in me though and wasn't as moody.

Later, my mother and I had a long talk with the doctor about getting the house ready for me to move back into.  This process is pretty much ridiculous!  There are soooooo many things we have to do and change.  This was around the time I had a mental breakdown.  It was a lot to take in you know.  I don't even feel like me anymore sometimes.  My face is different and I don't have very much of my own bone marrow and my freakin birth mark disappeared.  Yeah, how weird is that.  It's been there since I was born and now its 10% of what it was. 

It honestly is a lot for a person's mind to digest.  BMT has taken my former life and flipped it on its ear.  Nothing is the same and it won't be for up to a year.  It's just something I have to deal and come to terms with.  Imagine that though.  To have your entire life, the life you know and love and are use to, completely revamped by people looking in from the outside.  It's hard but I will deal and make it through this little thump in my life.  

Until Next Time, BMT Babe is out**  

2 comments:

  1. Thanks for updating. I can't believe your birth mark is going away. I guess you can always tell your nurses or Doctors to tell your visitors that they can't visit (they can embellish or make up some bogus policy that you are only allowed to have your mom etc... ).

    Does everyone that visits have to wear a mask and clothing to cover? At our hospital, you don't. They seem really relaxed about it all - too relaxed.

    Anyways, keep up the blog and the fight. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thanks! You have to do the mask and things when the patient is put on isolation. Which is super easy to be put on. I coughed and now everyone has to wear the gowns. It's really just to not transfer germs from us to everyone else more so than the other way around.

    Some places seem more relaxed but trust me. The vents alone catch 99.8% of anything in the air. They're still doing their job well. It's actually really intense to think about. My concern is always going back into the real world without super human vents.

    ReplyDelete