Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Day +5

ANC 7.1
WBC 0.1
RBC 3.30
Hemoglobin 10.9
Plt Ct 22
ABS # 0.1

Nurses: Courtney (a.m.) Sweetheart!
Ron (p.m.) Weirdo Spaz...nice enough though. Really loud for night shift however, ugh.

Lazy day.  Well for me.  I woke up and watched Rachel Ray.  I wasn't torturing myself per say but watching the food was beautiful pain.  I want a Salad sooooo bad!!!!!  I talked to the doctors of course and everyone is soooo happy that I am doing soooo well.  I'm pretty happy about it too.

Next, I showered, ate, stretched, talked to Tommi and watched "The Big C" (wonderful show about Laura Linney being diagnosed with Cancer.  Sound familiar?)  Just as my day was concluding nicely, I received platelets.
Bad Idea!
I had an allergic reaction to them.  Got super itchy and couldn't stop coughing.  Kinda scary!  Luckily, Children's had the CUTEST doctor on call last night.  I am such a girl!  I'm having an allergic reaction and coughing my lungs out yet I still find myself able to grin huge and giggle when he comes in the room.  RIDICULOUS!  He was so goofy too.  He kept making jokes about being cool like Bob Marley.  Made him even CUTER!!!

Anyway, when I woke up from my dose of Benadryl and Hydrocotozon I was in such a bad mood.  I guess I was just groggy or something but no one could do anything right.  Plus, no one did!  It took my nurse 25 minutes to come into my room and get the machine that was beeping.  He didn't have his phone! And, I had the shitty CA again that is loud and oblivious.  She also had the nerve to erase stuff on my white board to write her name up there.  No one else has done that!!!  Everyone else respects the fact that I had the crap on my freakin board for a freakin reason.
Not happy last night!

I slept awesome though!!!  Watched a crappy but cute movie with Queen ("Just Wright"), watched some "Cold Case" that reminded me of my life and fell asleep unbothered for the moment.  Nice!

Until Next Time, BMT Babe is out**

No comments:

Post a Comment